The “Centennial Pledge” includes new exhibitions and galleries as well as new education and curatorial programs in Shedd and around the world.
NOW IN BROADCAST | Ocean on the Lake: Inside Chicago’s Shedd Aquarium
According to a press release from Shedd, the plan includes:
– Deeper community investments and partnerships that not only take the Aquarium further into Chicago’s neighborhoods, but also bring neighborhood-level discussions and environmental solutions into large, dedicated new community spaces within the walls of Shedd.
– A modernized aquarium experience through the transformation and restoration of historic galleries and dynamic new exhibits that provide larger and more accessible entry points to see and connect with aquatic life as a springboard for investigation and the exploration of nature.
– New educational and experiential programs created with equity and inclusion at the center that deepen science learning, increase environmental literacy and strengthen youth futures.
– Compelling digital engagements that put animals and aquarium conservation action programs in more hands and homes everywhere.
– Advances in exemplary animal care and welfare for the thousands of animals we care for and to increase Shedd’s ability to respond to more wildlife in crisis; and
– Acceleration of aquatic research and science to face the greatest threats to biodiversity and species extinction.
Work on the project begins later this year. You can read more about the project on the Shedd Aquarium website.
Copyright © 2022 WLS-TV. All rights reserved.